The NE Polk Gazette Young Writers Award
As part of our commitment to our community, the Northeast Polk Gazette is launching the NE Polk Gazette Young Writers Award to promote excellence in writing at the high school level. Our goal with this competition is to recognize outstanding writing achievement by high school students.
Each year, students in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades will be invited to enter in one of the following categories:
- Poetry: Two-three poems.
- Fiction: A short story (1,500 words or fewer).
- Nonfiction: A personal or academic essay (1,500 words or fewer).
One winner will be selected in each category.
- The winner in each category will be awarded a prize of $500 each.
- All entries must be original work and sponsored by a high school teacher. A cover letter and a letter from the student’s English/literature teacher will need to accompany all submissions.
- The competition will run, annually, from November 25 to January 25. Winners will be selected and posted in our website by February 29, 2020. Winners will be contacted via email/mail.
Where to submit your pieces?
- Cover letters, pieces, and teachers’ letters must be sent to:
PR. Media, Inc.
DBA: The Northeast Polk Gazette
(Attn: The NE Polk Gazette Young Writers Award)
P.O. Box 1114 Haines City, FL 33845
or via email to email@example.com
by January 25th, 2020.
Contest Information Sheet
Contest Donor/Sponsor Form